Monday, January 30, 2012

Introducing I Ride ID

Have you ever wondered what would happen if you fell off your horse, hit your head and couldn't tell emergency responders who you were, what your medical history was or who to contact for more information?

One of my friends had that very thing happen recently.  She was riding in the neighborhood, her horse got spooked by a dog or dogs and the next thing she knows she's in the trauma center at the local hospital.  She had to be air lifted from the scene. 

Who rides with a purse or other form of identification?  I know I don't.  In fact, I can't think of anyone I know who does.

We ride to train, we ride to compete.  It isn't often we are alone, but that's not the point.  Do your friends and riding companions know enough about your medical history or who to call in an emergency?  My guess is the situation would be so chaotic that even if you did know this information, you wouldn't be able to tell someone with any accuracy.

The purpose of I Ride ID is to encourage all horse back riders to wear some form of identification that will allow medical personnel to be provided with the correct information, when they need it - NOW!  For more information or to tell your story, contact me at Peggy@IRideID.com